He's A Cool Kid

Hello Farmers!!!  Rachel here with you today, and I wanted to share a card with you today that I made for my nephew's birthday!

Yep, I had to break out the BOY stamps!!  LOL!  I love my boy stamps, but I just don't seem to reach for them as much as I should.  I get in a pretty big girl rut, and that is probably due to the fact that I have two daughters.  It's really nice to change things up a bit, and maybe reach for the wood and metal embellies vs the ribbon and flowers!


IMG_1731
Now this is one classic, cool dude!!
Copics used-
Skin- E13, E21, E51, E50, V01 (eyes B02)
Hair- YR21, YR23, YR24, E27
Clothes- C9, C7, C5, C3, C1
B26, B24, B21
Y26, Y28
(outlined in W5, W3, W1)

Obviously the first thing you want to do is to look for masculine, or neutral papers to use.  Then I usually stick to basic shapes for layering. (no hearts!!)  And when it comes to embellishing, I grab: wood, metal, enamel dots, and some cool die cuts!

I really enjoyed making this card, and need several more to have on hand!  

Hope this gives you a little crafty inspiration!

Rachel

Comments

  1. I love it! Perfect for a boy!
    Xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and perfectly cool for a 13 year old, your newphew is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card! Your nephew will think it is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and your embellishments are fabulous! A perfect card for your nephew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!