It's Raining Penguins!

17 Days until Christmas!!!!!!!  Ack!!!

I was feeling such pressure to get out my Christmas cards yesterday, that I had to mail several without getting a chance to photograph them.  (frowny face.)  But, I feel so great knowing it's all behind me now!  Truth be told, I will probably continue to make more cards while I am still in the Christmas mood, and maybe that will help me out next Christmas!

Today I have a couple of things to share.  Both use the adorable penguins from CC Designs, Sweet Penguins.

First up is a shaker card-
When I made this shaker, I used two Spellbinders circle
dies to cut several of these circle frames.  I then
layered them and glued them all together to create
the walls of my shaker.

OMGeeee she is cute!

The patterned paper is from the Fancy Pants
Oh Deer pad.  I LOVE this pad.
Oh Deer 6x6 Paper Pad Fancy Pants
The mistletoe and sentiment are from American Crafts
Be Merry Die Cuts.
Cookies Die Cut Cardstock Ephemera-American Crafts Be Merry
I bought both of these from Paper Issues!
(love that store!)

Next I have a simple explosion card that I cut from
my Silhouette Cameo-
(four flap window nesting card, scalloped)
This little guy is from the same Sweet Penguins set.

It took me a minute to make sure that I had the pattern
laying the right direction on my mat, because I wanted the
top flap to have the ornaments going the right direction.

The sentiment on the front is from the Tree Trimming Kaylee set
from Some Odd Girl.
The sentiment inside is from the AC Be Merry Die Cuts.

Thanks for stopping by!!  I will have plenty more where these came from for the next couple of weeks.  I also plan on having some blog candy next week, so stay tuned!!

Rachel



Comments

  1. AWE both cards are Super Awesome!!!!!!! What lucky peeps you have to get such Amazing and cute creations!!!!! hugs, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these! My fave is the shaker card - love shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous and cute Rachel.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's raining CUTE Penguins.. these are so totally cute..

    ReplyDelete
  5. such cute penguins! and wow, that 2nd card is amazing! 17 days is gonna fly by! i'm already getting nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh look at you with your super fun projects. I'm a fan of all things "shaker", especially this adorable penguin and his sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute cards! Love the awesome design of the second one- great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE shaker card!!! Cute little penguin! Love the four flap card also .... wish I could use my Silhouette like that ...these days I could "throw" my Silhouette somewhere ... grrr... it's acting up! :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!