I've Been Framed!!

I hope everyone has kept warm this week!  Here in Colorado we have been super cold with single digit temps!!  It's ok though, it totally puts me in the mood for Christmas crafting!

Today I wanted to share a quick tutorial with you.  I had a visitor to my blog ask me how I create the black frame lines around some of my images.  It's super simple, and goes a little something like this-

This little fella is from CC Designs
First, I selected the shape and size of the die I wanted to use.
This is just a rectangle from one of my Spellbinders sets.

After I have cut him out with the die, I am going to flip over the
die, cut side up.

Next, I hold the image and die up to the light and center
the image the best I can by looking at the inside
shape of the rectangle.

Once I have it where I want it, I tape it in place
on the back side.

Now I flip the little guy over.

Here's the fun part!  Start making your lines!!

I usually make totally random size lines.

When I have all of my lines in place, I remove the die.

Finally, you are free to add dots, hearts, stars, 
whatever you want in the spaces you left!

Totally easy!!  It is also fun to free hand lines! The imperfections in the free hand lines can really add
character to your image!

I am off to start a little Christmas shopping!!  I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!

Thanks for stopping by!!


Rachel

Comments

  1. Great technique! Thanks for sharing your awesome tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy peasy....love this technique!
    Stay warm and shop on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel... this is a fabulous technique and I love that penguin stamp (and of course your colourinkg of him)... but can't find him at CC Designs. Can you tell me his name please??

    Thanks
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little penguin is sooo cute and I love your tutorial. Been freezing here too - much colder than normal temps for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fab - straight line doodling - going to give this a try!

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cardRachel, love the cute image and great tutorial.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, great tutorial, great fun read today. :D
    Stay warm my friend and have fun crafting the weekend awayyyy!!
    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the tip.. i will have to give this a try..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, I am so glad that I came over to see what you have been up to tonight. :O) I love this tutorial and if you are ok with it I am so going to make a card tomorrow using just this technique. I love it. I also love this little guy! He is so adorable with his skates on and that boarder around him just adds to the fun that is him. Hope you and the family are all dong well. I have missed talking with you. Hugs Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw your photos on FB already ...totally diggin' this idea, Rachel!! So clever and the result is fab!!! TFS
    Think I'm gonna "need" to do this too :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!