Thanks for the clothes!

I have an awesome friend, Kim, who has been giving Maddie some awesome hand-me-downs.  I wanted to say thanks, so this is what I came up with!


This was really fun to make!

I used some different pieces of clothing from Some Odd Girl's Kaylee's Closet set.  I wet embossed them with just plain black embossing powder on patterned paper so that the lines of the clothing would really stand out against the patterns.  I have had these little clothespins forever, and this was the perfect opportunity to get them out!  I tied knots at the end of plain natural colored jute twine, and popped the clothes up with 3d dots to make them lay nicely while being attached to the clothespins.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  I have several Paper Smooches sentiment sets, they are some of my fav go-to sets for picking just the right saying.  

I hope you are all excited for this upcoming Thanksgiving holiday this week!  Hunter has the entire week off, and Maddie only has two days of school.  We have lots planned, but it's also nice to just do nothing together at home with family.

BTW- I saw Breaking Dawn II on Friday night!  Really great movie, definitely my favorite one out of them all.  It was a bittersweet event, finally getting to see the ending, but also knowing that was the end.  I would love to hear what you all thought of it after you see it!  I will be taking the girls to see it sometime this week, they were super jealous that I saw it without them. 

Have a great Sunday!

Comments

  1. That is so gorgeous and clever, Rachel - love the use of patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card!! I really want that set now!! And I'm gonna have to get me some PS sentiments. They are pretty awesome!!
    Have a terrific week and have fun spending time with your girls and family!!
    xx
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this is sooo cute! Love the little clothespins and what an awesome friend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Rachel!!

    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute clothesline rachel! i like the look of that black embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous Rachel! Hand-me-downs are awesome!!
    I havent seen the film...no movies for me at this stage!!!
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachel. First I have to say that I just love your card. What a fun idea... I have some clothes from the Anya Dress set (way old), but I think that would work really well too. I have to give it a try if you don't mind. Then I have to say that I am so so JEALOUS that you got to see Breaking Dawn II... We were planning on going, but we had something come up on Friday and I am affraid it is going to put us on a very tight budget for about six months, so I am thinking I will have to wait to buy it on DVD when it comes out. :O( I know I'll survive it, but I was hoping as it is the last one to get to the theater for it. I am sure it was spectacular though. You'll have to fill me in on the details. lol... I have to work this weekend, but I'm not complaining as I signed up for it so that I can have the week after Christmas off with the family. I think it's a fair trade and I will be super happy come 5pm Christmas Eve that I did it. lol...
    As you know I have been addicted to the Lawn Fawn stamps lately and I really really want to get some of the Paper Smooches as well, but again it can wait until after the holidays. I will be good. I hope that you are having a wonderful start to your week. Mitchell and Madison only have 2 & 1/2 days this week, so they are very happy about that. I am happy that Jerry will be home for them as they really don't like coming home to an empty house and we have never liked it either. Take care my friend. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel..

    Fabulous card... love your use of paper piecing for the clothes on the line!

    Sorry I'm not getting around to commenting on all cards lately... but I am seeing all your fab creations.. just can't sit at the computer for too long!

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, this card is super sweet. Love the clothesline:) enjoy your holiday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous so love the colours too just perfect, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and fab card....the perfect way and week to say thank-you!
    Breaking Dawn and Skyfall are on my list this week....yummy Bond, oops...I meant yummy martini's!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rach, this is so cute and clever! I love the idea of just using the clothes. I bet she loved it! :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously? How stinking clever you are!! I totes adore this card, and it is just too perfect for thanking someone for awesome hand me downs!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh.. and I saw BD2 and freaking loooooved it! I wanna go back and see it again already.. this time with my oldest. I thought they did a pretty good job of showing Bella's power, and the end scene was pretty amazing. One of the funniest parts to me was near the end when Aro laughed.. creepy funny. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. first off LOVE your card!!!! second..... LOVED the last movie too!!! omg I want them to keep making them or start a weekly tv series!!! lol and 3rd....LOVE hand me downs!!!My sister in law just gave me like 5 pairs of pants for my 6 yr old!! OMG I am ever soooo grateful!!! jeans are soo expensive. I even went to a resale shop looking and they really didn't have much to choose from in size 6. I ended up only getting 1 pr there. oh well! I wish you an AWESOME day!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is genius Rachel! I love everything about it, just so creative :) I have some of those clothespins hanging around in my stash too and I think this was just the thing to get me inspired to pull them out. Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!