Welcome Fall.

Today I read something interesting on Krista Smith's blog.   (Saturated Canary)  She is one of the most generous people I have ever come across, and today she is sharing a new image, along with a new charity.  Please take a look at her blog when you can and give it the attention it deserves.

saturated canary digis

All of the details are here.

In honor of Krista and her generous heart, I have a post it pad that I made with an SC image for my mom's birthday.  She is always giving others post it pads that I have made, so I wanted to make one for her to keep.





Because of the bulk from the post it pad, I didn't want to cram this in an envelope, so instead I threw together a little box/purse for the card.  After I was finished, I realized there was a lot of red/green on this, and I didn't want it to look like Christmas, but I figured it was Fall now so it isn't totally out of place.  

Well, I just finished watching the episode of Parenthood from last night and that darn show always makes me cry.  I am also half way through the last Hunger Games book, Mockingjay, and that isn't much happier than the show I just watched.  The clouds are out today, and it's a real downer.  Time to hide out in the ol' craft room and see if I can whip up some sunshine for myself!

TFL!

Comments

  1. This is adorable, your mom is going to love it! The holder is perfect...not Christmassy at all.
    What a sweet little sentiment!

    I cried watching Parenthood last night, what more can that family go through?!!

    You're going to LOVE the ending of Mockingjay...it's perfect! I can't wait to see it play out at the movies.

    Don't be gloomy, the clouds will lift.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I bet your mom loved this...totally gorgeous.. the box you made for it is awesome for sure better then an envelope...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i read that too! so sad! who knew there could be something as cruel as that?

    love your post it card and the holder is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Rachel! Your mum is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project!! Those images from Krista are all so cute!! And now she has rubber stamps too...

    Your colouring is just perfect!!

    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is gorgeous Rachel! I love the details and I see some cheesecloth in the background!! Love it!! Your mom is going to love it!
    Look for that silver lining my dear and create a rainbow out of those clouds..
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel I love this!!! wow just stunning!!! Do you have a tutorial?? I want to make one too :D Beautiful beautiful and the colouring is superb :) your mum will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning sweetie this is absolutely gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous post it pad Rachel... I really must have a go at making one of these.... and that little box you made for it too! Do you have a tutorial that you followed???

    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY WORD Girl!!! This is fabulous!! I love this card and your coloring is AMAZING!! Feel free to make an extra one for me, hee, hee! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous Rachel and I am sure she will absolutely LOVE it!!! How very kind of you! I also wanted to say thank you for your blogging friendship. I love to read your comments on my blog.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, this is gorgeous Rachel and I'm sure your mother will love it. So sweet of you to make sure your mom has one of her own. Love your beautiful coloring and that little gift bag is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous!!! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!