Framed Work

Happy weekend to everyone!!  It's about that time, so the hubby and I spent our wild Friday night digging out the Halloween lights/decor.  (we are ca-razy!)  Purged some old stuff to give to Goodwill as well.  I am a big Halloween fan!!!  Maddie already has her Monster High costume, and Hunter is still trying to narrow down her choices.(need a "cool" costume.)

I know many of you have access to Hobby Lobby stores.  A few months ago I noticed some 8 x 8 scrapbook frames and thought they would be fun for framed images.  They have a little breathing room in there so you can add flowers or thick embellishments that wouldn't normally fit inside of a regular picture frame.  I made one previously for my niece using a Saturated Canary image and I really enjoyed it!!  Now I have a couple that I have made for my mom and my daughter Hunter. (Hunter is obsessed with Canada FYI.)

Here's my mom's-


This fun image is Bugs n Kisses from Tiddly Inks.

Having an 8x8 surface to work with gave me lots of room to add a ton of fun embellishments.  I also left the image whole on a 4.25"x5.5" of paper.  I added some fun crocheted flowers that I made, brads, doily, cheesecloth, lace/ribbon, butterflies and a button.  I also Hodge Podged a piece of paper that was kind of a steel gray around the front edge of the frame, it gives it a really edgy look.  

Here's Hunter's-

This was a great free digi from Whimsy Doodles way back in June.

I colored her up in all of her Canadian glory, and framed the image with a nestie from behind.  Hunter just happened to find the Canada emblem at Archivers by chance.  I kept this one a lot simpler, Hunter is not a girlie-girl.  I thought this was a fun addition to her room since this is one of her favorite subjects! (She can sign the entire Canadian anthem, but I don't think she knows any of the American one!  Crazy kid!)

My previous post from a couple of days ago was a Post-it pad easel card with a coordinating box/envelope to put the card in.  Some of you were curious about a tutorial/dimensions.  The idea really stemmed from a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  See here.  I came up with my own measurements, but of course did not write any of them down! lol!  I will be making more shortly, and plan on giving you all the information you need to make one of your own.  That Post-it pad & flowers was never going to fit into an envelope and look nice, so why not improvise!  

Time for me to go nuts-o's with Halloween decor!!  I know there will be lots of Some Odd Girl fun coming in the next couple of days, so make sure you come back to visit and see what exciting stuff is coming your way!!

TFL!



Comments

  1. WOW WEE...totally amazing...I love to make frame art...makes my walls more fun in my craft room...totally love these..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are beautiful Rachel. Wow, you've really been busy huh? I hope to squeeze in a trip to Hobby Lobby today and I'm going to look for the frames and give it a try - love your idea. And Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for so I hope to find time tomorrow to set out some creepy crawly things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you have been a busy girl! These frames are adorable...and you added the perfect embellies in each! I bet your mom and daughter "squeeeee" when they see them!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome Rachel! I love all the details and the fun little accents. Makes each one very special. These will be great hits with your mom and Hunter.
    Have a great time decorating!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! They look great :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. both are such wonderful gifts! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute!!! Love both of the cards and they look amazing framed. I am trying to find some of those thicker frames over here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie these are so gorgeous, perfect in every way, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome creations rach!!!
    heeehee Hunter is SO right =)
    I think Canada is super cool too =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hunter makes me laugh so hard!!!!

    She should be a Mountie lol :) just my suggestion. Hugs Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!