Purse tutorial

Hey there fellow bloggies!!  I have a quick post for today to explain how I got little miss Kaylee's purse on her in this pic-
This is Kaylee's Closet, a new stamp set over at Some Odd Girl.

So here's what I did-

First, cut out the purse that I stamped on some fun patterned paper.
 Bear with me, some of these pics came out really "crap-tastic".  And 
obviously this poor thing wasn't completely colored/dressed yet.

Next, I lined up the purse where I wanted it to sit on her shoulder.

Using a pen, I continued her arm lines from both the top and bottom of her purse until they met, making her arm magically appear on the purse.

Now I just cut right on my lines that I created, and took out that part of the purse so that you see her arm through that slot!

Ta-da!  Once you line it back up on her shoulder, you can go in and trim anything else that might be in your way.

Hope this works for ya!!!

TGIF everyone!!  

Comments

  1. Hi sweetie this is gorgeous, your colours are fabulous, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever!This just proves that one is never too old to learn, TFS.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT!! Fantastic idea. I will have to try it. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea hon... love this card!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome little tutorial...love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever, I'd never have though of that! Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card sweetie love the papers & image.
    Love the purse hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehehe! you are brilliant!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so clever, Rachel! A fab card - love those colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel a super card and great idea with the purse well done , love the stitching too hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachel, this is really a great tutorial. At first I thought you were going to ampute that poor girls arm. :O) Glad to see it didn't come to that. I really love your card and what a great idea for her to have to own purse(always a great thing in my opinion)over her shoulder like that. I am thinking I need to accesorise some of my stamps in the future. lol.. Hope you had a great weekend. I really did nothing crafty, but it was still a fun weekend with the family. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!