Feeling a little Twilight-ish today..

I spent yesterday re-watching the first Breaking Dawn movie with my girls.  Do you think they could've spaced these movies any further apart?!  And don't get me started on Kristen Stewart.  It will be nice to get some closure on this series in November when the final movie comes out.  Then I will spend my time waiting for the rest of the Hunger Games movies!!  lol!!  So, until will get to watch the final movie of one of our favorite book series, here's a little Twilight love...



This image is from Saturated Canary, and it's called "My Twilight Mama".
(which is a category most of us fit under!)

I kept this card very simple, I wanted the focus on the image.  My husband's sister's birthday is this month, and she is the one who started the Twilight addiction in our family.  (this couldn't be a more appropriate image for her!)  I used some black/white polka dot paper from Hobby Lobby, and paired it with the red to use colors from the Twilight books.  Some of you may recall the apple on the front of the very first book, so I used a Cuttlebug apple die to incorporate some of the image from the book onto the card.  After I cut out the apple, I used a black colored pencil to shade the apple a bit.  I used a sentiment from The Greeting Farm's Lucky Bunnies set on the apple, and wet embossed it with black.  I think this image is hilarious!!

I didn't list my copics, because after coloring two people, the pile was so big and I couldn't remember what color went where!  lol!  Sorry!

Last week of summer for my girls, and then back to school with them! (and me)  I will be interested to see how much I get done during the day with them going back.  There is nowhere I'd rather have them than here with me, but when they start arguing....

TFL!!!



Comments

  1. Gorgeous card! Love the color combo and I am in awe of your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i can't wait to see the last movie!!! cute card too! perfect for twilight mommy fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this is amazing, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I know what you mean about the spacing of the movies. Gaaawdd - I'm just about sick of waiting!!
    LOVE this card, and the apple - very neat! ;) Gorgeous colouring. I too end up with more pens out of my tote than I do in it when I start colouring.. so almost always forget to write then down. I just gotta get them back in their home before they start vanishing down the sofa!!

    High fiveeeee. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Rachel! Love how you have coloured them :) Don't get me started on kristen stewart either LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colouring. I love the colours and your doodled border. I am sure your SIL will LOVE it!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fun card...Rachel I am still not at home, that's why I have been quiet for weeks. My holidays are very long this year...And most of the time I was without internet enjoying the nature. But as a real craft addict I am now longing for my desk with stamps and papers!!
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Rachel... love how you've coloured these gorgeous girls...

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, gorgeous card Rachel! I love how you incorporated the apple to mimic the first book. I've never watched any of the movies, i know "gasp!" but i can appreciate that others love it. hehehe. I bet your SIL will love it.
    Cherish the moments until the girls are back in school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautifully coloured, Rachel - I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!