Katelyn

Today we are celebrating my niece's 13th birthday!  I wanted to make something special for her, something she can hold onto for a while.  Came up with this:

 This is Honey from Saturated Canary.  This is what she looked like
before I stuck her in the frame.

 I got some great scrapbooking frames from Hobby Lobby.
They are 8x8, perfect size to showcase an image!


When I asked Katelyn what her fav colors are, she said she loves pink and green.  I just happened to have some really fun "diva" paper that I bought from Hobby Lobby, it was a 12x12 piece.  I colored her with my copics, and then mounted her in the center of the 8x8 paper.  I left no corner bare when it came time to embellish.  The top left corner has a few pieces of washi tape on it.  The rest of the embellies were flowers, brads, and  a pin that I had beaded up myself.  I put her name on the left with some alpha stickers from Doodlebug.  I am really happy with how she turned out!  I will probably start framing a lot more often! 

Happy birthday Katelyn!!


Comments

  1. Great idea Rachel, congratulations to Katelyn.
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!! love the color combo and awesome coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rachel, this is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and I really like her fave colors. I'm sure she will loooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! i would love this as a present =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous framed image Rachel..... love how you've coloured her!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't fun when you can find just the right image for someone?!! What a great image and gift for a 13 yo...I bet she loves it and as always, your coloring is the best part!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous sweetie love your colours, hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel what a great idea! This is awesome!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. That little girl is so adorable. Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Rachel, this is outstanding! Of course I love, love the SC girl, but I think you hit the nail on the head with this. I love your papers, your flowers your frame and above all else your coloring of her! I guess you might say that I LOVE THIS! My niece is going to be 13 come September and she loves to share my Copics with me when they are in town. I am so going to make her something like this. I think it is just perfect for a new teenager. You must be the best Aunt ever! Hope you are well my friend. Hope the rain has let up on you as well. We are getting on and off rain and thunderstorms only to have it be in the 90s shortly thereafter. Oh well, I guess you would say it was summer.
    Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gracious!!!! Rachel, I love it!!! I bet Katelyn will treasure it, Happy Birthday to her. :) Your coloring is out of this world.. loving the pleat work. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa!! This totally rocks!! I bet she loved it! The colors are smashing and all inside the frame is perfect! I love your coloring, just down right awesome!
    She'll have it forever and ever...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are all so cute and imaginative. I love the paper piecing on the dinosaur and the MS butterflies look like they are really taking off in flight.
    buy and sell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!