Isn't she lovely.

I had a blast last week with one of the new releases from The Greeting Farm!  Her name is Do Si Do Anya, and she is beyond cuuuuute!!


I just love her long braids!!

I used one of my fav latest hair combos which is: E43, E44, and E47.  Her dress and bow were paper pieced with a cute pink/brown bandanna type pattern that I had bought from Hobby Lobby quite a while ago.  The patterned paper on the card is from Pebbles Sunnyside pad.    I finally found some corner dies at the store, I was afraid I would have to break down and buy them online!  They are from Sizzix, and I got 3 different corner dies, and one flourish die. (love it!)  I have been hoarding that cute little pink heart button for a very long time, it is from My Mind's Eye.  This card is VERY girly!

My parents recently celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary, and this is the card I put together for them.


I just didn't feel right using an image, so I found some great sentiments online and kind of made it up as I went.  The patterned paper is from MME's Union Square pad.  I used distress inks on the butterfly to help him coordinate with the rest of the card.  I tied on some natural twine, a cute little lock, red flowers from a Michaels trip, a gorgeous cream colored brad from Hobby Lobby, and another cream resin flower.  I also used my latest clearance score, the red and cream polka dot paper was cut with a new Martha Stewart edge punch set.  My parents loved this!


TFL!

Comments

  1. Aww your Anya card is just adorable Rachel! I love the paper piecing and her hair looks amazing! I bet your parents loved the wedding anniversary card... It's just beautiful!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah she's lovely!! Awesome card ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE her rachel!! Such a beautiful image and I am really loving that hair combo. I will have to give it a go! :)Love the layering on your second card too...it all just works so perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel, I love pink as you know...and your Anya card is so lovely...beautiful colouring and paperpiercing, stitching, die cuts etc.etc!!
    The "vintage" card for your parents also very beautiful, it is a pleasure to visit you...

    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww, so sweet! Live the paper piecing and corner die...clean, simple, cute!
    Happy anniversary to your parents, congrats on 39 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do Si Do Anya is beautiful and that paper for her dress is so perfect. Definitely a girly card :)
    Love the card for your parents too. Very elegant and a lovely sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. she is sweet! love all that paper piecing! wonderful card for your parents too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of your cards. The stitching on both of them is so perfect. Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  9. O she is SWEET!! Love her cute pig tails and all the paper piecing!
    And that card for your parents is amazing! It's perfect!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!