A little more Christmas.

Everyone enjoying the Olympics?!  We watched quite a bit of the action yesterday, it's so exciting!  Hunter was over the moon when the Canadian girls soccer team won yesterday! (she's obsessed with Canada!)  I also spent the day doing some stuff around the house that needed some serious attention.  Moved lots of furniture around, purged old stuff from Maddie's room, etc.  Feels good to get those projects done.  Now, I need to seriously paint some walls! (yuck)

When I decided to do the Christmas challenge over at Anyone For Anya, I pushed myself to make a few more Christmas cards.  



This was a tree stamp from Rubbernecker.  It's a nice rustic looking card.

I stamped the tree twice, then cut both out and added a little brown distress ink around the edges of it.  I popped up the top one with 3D dots, then gave it some liquid pearls accents.  This shouldn't be too bad getting through the mail.



I love this little tubby snowman!  This is a Unity stamp
Roly Poly Winter Joy, given to me last winter by 
my stamping buddy Kim!

This card was made with more fun, whimsical colors.  When I finished coloring him up, I used some red chalk on his cheeks, makes him look nice and cold!  The sentiment is from a Xmas set I picked up at Michaels last year.  Another simple card that should make it through the mail a-okay!

Made these last night-

                           Fabulous Fruit Bars

Honorable Mention - Contest Recipe 2007! Bake a warm and cozy fruit dessert bar using cookie mix and pie filling, ingredients already in your cupboard.



This is a Betty Crocker recipe, see it here.  Yummmmy!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Comments

  1. These are so cute! The layered tree is awesome. I, too, am in the Wintery mood -- ordered some snowy, wintery stamps and holiday paper today. :) But definitely not skipping over Halloween!

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Christmas cards Rachel! I have that Roly Poly stamp and he's one of my favorites. Those colors are awesome, super fun and bright. The first one is very cool too. Love the 3-D affect.
    Congrats on all you accomplished yesterday. Seems like a lot to cross off.
    Olympics rock! All except for the dumb questions some of the reporters ask. O and the fact that when you log in to the internet the results are already posted. Other than that, it's awesome! hahaha!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these are all lovely! Beautiful christmas cards. And yum I can't believe you are tempting me with those yummy bars!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and cute xmas cards! love that snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful Rachel. I love the way you popped up the tree for some dimension. As for the snowman card -- well, I LOVE me some snowmen ;) And I love the gorgeous colors you used on him. Now I'm off to check out that recipe cause those bars look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great cards...love that little snowman..he is too cute...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is lovely looking cards, christmas so soon ?? fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Love the colors of the snowman card- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel, I love your Christmas cards. I really love the way the one with the tree looks. Very cool technique. Mitchell sent me over to thank you for the Birthday wishes. :O) He is very excited today and so it Madison as she will be 14 tomorrow and we are having a big party for them both tonight. I am with you on the 15 years old. I am trying not to even think about it..*** They will both be in High School in just a few short weeks and I am really thinking I need to get me an RX for some xanax or something. lmbo... I don't know that I'm ready for this. lol... Have a great day. I am off to help Jerry super clean the house for tonight. (Can you say lucky me? heehee)Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI sweetie, these are both stunning creations, big hugs love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't remember my phone ringing last night to come over for one of your fabulous looking bars???? Guess I was too engrossed in True Blood last night ;} I will check out that recipe for sure. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! Everything in this post is adorable or delicious!! I love the tree card and now I want desert!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been a busy, busy girl...cleaning, card making, and baking! If it were me I'd be eating those delish fruit bars while watching a couple episodes of Supernatural...wait, replace those fruit bars with key lime pie and...here I sit! LOL! Love your cards...the snowman is chilly cute!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!