SOG Hair Color Challenge

Yesterday Some Odd Girl posted a challenge for their Facebook Fun Day, "Non-Traditional Hair"!  This sounded super fun to me, and gave me a good excuse to print up this little beauty!

 This is Spunky Sprite!
I wish I could wear that haircut!


 There are fun sparkles on her wings and the sentiment, 
but I couldn't get the right angle so they would appear
in my pic.  Darn.


These are the Copics I used.

She was so much fun! I used Basic Grey's Indie Bloom paper pad for the patterned paper.  I dry embossed the deep purple cardstock in the background with a Cuttlebug flower folder.  The butterflies I used were actually a cream color, so I grabbed some purple and pink distress ink to liven them up.  And yes, several flowers!  I am terrible with flowers, but these look ok.  The cute brad in the center of the big flower is from My Mind's Eye.  The sentiment is from The Greeting Farm's Furever clear stamp set.  A big purple button for her to sit on.  Some twine, and some bling, and Voila!  

TFL!!

Comments

  1. Beautiful creation sweetie ♥♥ hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and color combo! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Rachel, this is gorgeous! You always do such a fabulous job of coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty! i love her wings and hair and i'm sure you could totally do that style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is STUNNING...the colors that you chose look amazing...Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel this is awesome sauce! I LOVE it! I love how you have coloured her... fab colour combo and having her sitting on a button is ingenious!

    I'm so glad you could play along for our Facebook Fun Day challenge at SOG!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hair colour...did not do this colour yet..Sofar only blond,brown, black, pink, grey and blue!!
    Ha ha, love the image and TGF sentiment...

    Ciao from a hot hot hot Italy,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funky is she! I love her hair and these fairies are just perfect for the challenge! Beautiful layout and papers too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Rachel! Thanks for your lovely comment re the pendants! I think the Glossy Accents and the Glamour Glaze are pretty similar, but the GA sits a bit more raised when dry. I think they both should dry okay, but I did find I had to leave the tiles at least overnight to get them properly dry. The first time I made magnets I didn't let the glaze dry properly and the glue wouldn't stick to it. Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made this sound so easy but we know it wasn't! Love your take on non-traditional hair...your coloring is superb on this card!

    It's good to be back home but I have a lot of blog catching up to do...oh darn?!! LOL!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. I love the color of her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow what a beautiful card!! I love your layout as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, and wow! I think this card and your colouring are smashing. Fab. Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!