Much Love!

I can't tell you all how much your awesome comments mean to me!  You have all been too kind, and I appreciate each and every one of you that take the time to stop by and take a look!  The recent sneak peeks from The Greeting Farm have been super cute and super fun!  July 1st will be here in just a few days, and then all of the new cuties can be yours!!!!!!!!!

I've been pretty busy, but I have had some small windows of time to put together a few odds and ends.

I recently saw a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for a "Matchbook Post-It Holder".  The tutorial is for the slightly larger pad, but I used a regular sized pad for mine.  I didn't exactly follow the directions as far as measurements were concerned, I just kind of used the general idea and made up my own size as I went.  Here's how mine turned out:

 This little girl is from TGF's Furever clear stamp set.

I used little squares of velcro for the closure.

It's just a simple little paper pad, but I like to have these types of things on hand.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye Dwell pad.  The post-it pad is from the dollar bins at Target.  I stamped the sentiment on the front of the pad with blue distress ink, the wet embossed over it with a clear iridescent embossing powder.
I dry embossed the shape behind the girl, and added a button and twine.  The front edge was punched with my EK notebook edge punch.

Copics:  Hair: YR04 YR07 YR09 R08.  Clothes, ribbons, socks: BG11 BG13 BG18.  Cat: N0 N2 BG000 RV91 RV11.

I also made a easel post-it pad card that I made with Wryn and Wren from Tiddly Inks.




This was the first time I actually colored Wryn's hair black, and I love it that color!  This super fun butterfly paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle's Hello Spring paper pad.  I used my Nestabilities to make a few layers under the image.  Behind her is a pretty white flowered ribbon that sits on top of some blue cardstock that I used one of my Martha Stewart edge punches on. (on both edges)  The sentiment is from a Doodlebug set.  The bottom rose that is white with purple edges is one that I made myself, and colored the edges with a copic, then topped it of with a bunch of Stickles.  The butterflies came from one of my Cuttlebug dies, and then I smeared them with a ton of Stickles. (used the embossing gun on them so they would dry sooner!)  And of course I squeezed a button and twine in there. (I feel naked without them!)  This is going to my aunt as a thank you card.

Copics:  Hair: N4 N8 100.  Dress: B63 B66, BG02 BG05.  Bird: G00 G02.

Thanks for looking!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  TGIF!



Comments

  1. Hi Rachel...love this furr-ever set..Coming sunday you can see my dt card for ANYONE FOR ANYA...I have used the doggie stamp...
    This month my wallet will cry I am afraid with all these new TGF stamps coming out...
    Hugs Blankina
    PS I am now also on the TGF Galleria...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous Rachel.... I really must have a go at a post it note easel card.. will look on YouTube for instructions!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea, love how you took the orignal matchbook tute and made it your own! Both images are adorable...your coloring is striking on both!
    I struggle with black hair but wrote down the colors you used and am going to give your combination a try...it seems to be much better than mine!
    TFS,
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both adorable Rachel! I also love to have little notepads on hand and this is such a cute way to dress them up. Love the black hair - I've never colored black hair - it scares me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black hair turned out great! Super cute ideas, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects are so adorable. And as always your coloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I love stopping by to see all the pretty cards and projects you make. They always make me smile. Love both of these projects! Wryn with black hair is a must sometimes. You did a fantastic job with it.
    Have a great day!
    >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your projects! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous Rachel! I love them! I've been meaning to makes something like this, but never seem to get around to it! I love your black hair colouring! I'm a bit scared of colouring black hair... it's so easy to stuff it up!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  10. both of these are so cute!! especially little wryn -- love her!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!