It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a bag???

This week at Anyone for Anya, they are having a "Box it or Bag it" challenge.  I always seem to need a gift bag, so I threw this together.



This image is Ebony from The Greeting Farm.

I like to have extra kraft bags laying around, I always find a use for them.  I used red and brown distress ink, along with my everyday black, to create a "pattern" on the entire face of the bag.  I then stamped Ebony with the red, also on kraft paper, and proceeded to add some color to her with Spicas, white gel pen, and other fun stuff!  I distressed the edges of the image and the patterned papers, then I stacked them and sewed them together.  Once she was attached to the bag, I added a few embellies: baker's twine, natural twine, staples, and a button.  The sentiment was something I generated on the computer.  This was fun, not the type of project I normally do, but I like how it turned out!

Make sure to check back here on Sunday for some TGF fun!!

TFL!

Comments

  1. This is a fab idea Rachel and it looks awesome! I love how you have stamped her in reds and browns! She looks so cute! I can never get my Distress Inks to give a good clean image like that!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Rachel! What a cool bag and I love how you have layered the stamps up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, rachel! ebony looks super cool on the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel...love this Ebony giftbag...so original with all these stamps...Great idea!!
    Thanks for joining ANYONE FOR ANYA and see you next week!!

    Hugs AFA DT Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! What a great idea! I love the stamp as the background and the focal image. Clever, clever! :)

    Thanks for playing with us at {ANYONE FOR ANYA}!

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Rachel...love how you stamped Ebony multiple times on the bag! You had your thinking cap on for this one!!! I'm trying to get back into some of the challenges but between work, still making up for lost time when I went to the retreat, and watering new landscaping....crafting time has been sparse!

    Have I mentioned before how glad I am that you're on the premiere team?!! I am!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome bag Rachel! What a great idea. Love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww Rachel...this is too cute...i love this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! You can never find cute bags unless you make them. Great idea Rachel!
    And that color on kraft is stunning.
    *;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!