Book-mark???

So what started out as an innocent bookmark for the Saturated Canary Challenge, kind of took on a life of it's own....

This image is titled "Thank You"
and you can find it here.
This pic seems blurry, but if you 
click on it, it looks better.(weird)

I had planned on this being pretty small, maybe a corner bookmark, so I cut out her head because her entire body would never fit on a SMALL bookmark.  Then I started looking for paper.  Then I saw a stack of tags that I have never really played with... and basically this thing probably weighs half a pound now.  I had to cover the front of the tag with pretty paper.  Now the back looks naked, needs more paper.  So I finally cut myself off and here's the end result!  I left the paper around her stark white because I really wanted her cute little face to stand out.  This paper is from My Mind's Eye Indie Saffron pad.  I really love this pad, and I need to get a few of the other shades they have.  The sticker across the bottom was a corresponding set of MME Indie stickers that went with the paper I bought.  The wonderful sentiment is from my new Some Odd Girl Thank You Mae set.  I used some lace, ribbon, natural twine and beads from my stash.  Last, but not least, a few brown pearls in the corners by the image. (love those brown pearls.)  I distressed some of the edges and added  some distress ink around the outer part.  

Well, I'm off to work on some more challenges!!  TFL!



Comments

  1. Ooh la la! It's gorgeous! I'm in love. :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bookmark! Love your coloring, awesome! hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty bookmark! maybe you can just put it next to your book! hehe. lovely new photos of you by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,
    love your cute bookmark and you've colored this sweetie perfectly.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah this is just too cute sweetie. LOVE the colours and papers too, delish! hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bookmark Rachel...... always love SC images and this is no exception!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh the colouring on her is so pretty! So rich and really great shading. I really like the layout and the papers...the whole thing is too yummy! I love your new piccies too - hehe do I spy scissors in your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is STUNNING...i love how you colored this image and made this amazing book mark...so awesome....

    love your new photo...

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh this is just so awesome!!! Love the head shot!!!
    thank you so much for popping in and sharing your bookmark with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous. Love all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetie this is really pretty great colours too, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary this time huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bookmark! It looks vintage and serene and Im loving the maroon lip color!!
    xJess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!