My Mother's Day cards

I figure my mom will see her cards today or tomorrow, so I may as well post the pics finally!!

 This card was made for my dad to give to my mom.
I used Flower Girl Mae from Some Odd Girl Stamps.

This is from me to my mom.
I used The Greeting Farm's Miss Anya Garland.

I love the SOG image, it's so feminine.  I am going to use it for their current sketch challenge that you can see here.  I used paper from Basic Grey's Olivia pad.  The old fashioned pink embellishment on top of the lace and ribbon is from a new line of brads at Hobby Lobby. (I really love all the cool brads I got!) 

The paper on the Miss Anya card is from My Mind's Eye Madison Avenue pad.  I didn't put a whole bunch of little embellishments on it, because I wanted it to survive the mail without looking too mangled!  I was pretty happy with how it looks with just the flower, twine and button. 

I hope you all have a super-fab Mother's day!  It might be pretty rainy here in Colorado all weekend, but we'll make do.

TFL!

Comments

  1. Two beautiful card Rachel how lovey are these images ..... fabulous creations , great work and well done.
    Hugs Elaine
    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so sweet...I just love your amazing coloring and great designs..LOve them..

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these are both wonderful Rachel - I am sure your mum will just love them! Those papers on the sog one are just stunning - I need these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet cards...happy motherday!!
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both gorgeous Rachel! I bet she loved them! Fab colouring!

    Thanks so much for playing along in the SOG sketch challenge!

    Hugs!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, Happy Mother's Day my friend. I think both of your cards for your Mom are just beautiful! I am sure that she is going to enjoy both the one from you and the one your Dad had you make as well. I love the coloring and the papers on them both. My Mom lives in the same smallish town as we do, but with the kids being sick and my Dad has a heart condition since his attach in 2000 I don't like to expose them to anything if I can help it at all. I am hoping to get her card in the mail tomorrow, so she can see it in person. She already told me that she loved it, but you know how it looks so different in person than in a picture. lol... Have a great start to your week. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there sweetie I love both of these cards they are gorgeous I'm sure your mum totally loved them hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie these are both fabulous creations, love the colours too, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel!
    Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day! :)
    These are both gorgeous! You come up with the best combos! Love them both and I bet your mom did too.
    Hope you're having a great day!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my fave SOG images to colour up - she's sooo purrdy and you've made an awesome job of pairing her with those gorgeous papers!!

    Love your TGF card too - there's another of those yummy flowers!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving these beautiful cards! Thanks for entering Some Odd Girl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning cards Rachel!! Loving the flower treatment in her hair, and of course her little toenails that are painted make me smile. So happy you joined Some Odd Girl this month!! hugs! xoxo Leah

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors are so fun and I love the lace and pearls! Great coloring and such a fun card. :D Thanks for playing in the Some Odd Girl Sketch Challenge! *Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!