Giving

I hope you all had a fantastic Mother's Day!!  Mine was pretty super!  I'm afraid I am going to have to show-off for a minute here.  My 7 year old, Maddie, headed up the Mother's Day committee around here and made me several unbelievable gifts!  She put a card together for me that had a colored image from her, Hunter, and my hubby:


 These were both made at school. (love that she called me a rock star!)

 This new paper cutter was exactly what I told my hubby I wanted! 
And this cool bag was free from Michaels for National Scrapbooking Month!!

So as you can see, my day was pretty great!

That's my little mastermind behind some of my wonderful gifts!  These stupid glasses from her school carnival crack me up! (she also got a back-scratcher, she's crazy!)

Last Friday, my bestie Kim and I, went to a small stamping craft fair and found these items:

This isn't supposed to be sideways, don't know what's going on.

I got my first Stamping Betty and Kraftin' Kimmie stamps!!!  We also purchased some products from a company called Close To My Heart.  I had never heard of them before, and they had some really neat stuff!

I have actually finished two cards that are for upcoming weddings! (it's that time of the year!)



This is the Kissy Kissy couple from The Greeting Farm's digital stamps.

The first couple I colored had more earthy tones, while the second was very traditional black/white.  It's a bit tough to make out, but those are little wedding rings tied to the bows.   I thought they were a fun touch and I am glad I grabbed them when I saw them at Hobby Lobby.  Another little detail that is hard to see, is the glitter powder I used on the sentiment.  It's actually embossing powder that I used after I initially stamped the sentiment in black. (never can see the cool stuff in pics!)  I used some MS edge punches on both cards just for a little extra something, without being too girlie!!!  On the first card, I didn't take the punch all the way to the ends, I didn't want to completely remove the bottom edge.  I really like the ribbon on the second card, and I'm going to have to get more wire ribbon like it!  I was pretty happy with their hair.  One of my most favorite hair combos lately is E15, E09, E18. (that's the second girl's hair.) 

I am off today to watch a "chick flick" with my friend Kim.  We have to get our movie watching done before the kids get out of school for the summer!  We're going to see "The Lucky One", hope it doesn't make me cry.

TFL!

Comments

  1. aww how sweet are the homemade cards...that is adorable...glad you had an awesome Mother's Day...thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sweet gifts! love those wedding cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the sounds of it...you had a wonderful Mother's Day, and you were lavished with handmade cards and gifts too! You must still be smiling...I know I would be!

    Great cards too, your coloring as always is stunning!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, a terrific hugger! That's adorable. You got some good swag there, lady! :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Rachel you lucky Mummy! How sweet of your family!

    I love your two wedding cards, they are totally beautiful! Fabulous colouring! Thanks for sharing the hair combo... I must try that one out!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie your cards are gorgeous they really really are but your gifts from your kids really steal the limelight shug they are FANTASTIC & AMAZING!! There is no better gift in this world then something made from your children where you know they have really put their heart into.......worth more than all the money in the world I think.....priceless!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Rachel the hair colouring here is AMAZING! Really really lovely....such beautiful cards :) And your mother's day gifts were FANTASTIC! Looks like you got spoilt you rockstar ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel, your wedding cards are gorgeous! I wish I could color like you. Looks like you have a super cute family and they obviously love you A LOT! Glad you had fun at the stamp fair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel. I can see that your daughter is just as talented as her Mommy. :O) I love her card she has mafe for you. She did a great job coloring and her writing. She should be very proud of herself. I also love the cards that you have been making. As always just beautiful! I wanted to come over and thank you so much for all your sweet comments. It truly makes my day to come home and read them from you... Thanks so much. Have a wonderful Thursday. Yay! The week is almost over. lol.... Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very awesome! I see where Maddie gets her talent from. :) Super sweet and you are so deserving! :)
    I love your wedding card!! Gorgeous all around!! If I could just get time to craft I'd try that hair color combo. Keep it up rockstar!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!