Ahhhhh..Saturday...

I hope everyone is having a great start on their weekend! Maddie and I caught a movie yesterday and hit a bunch my favorite stores.  I picked up a cute Little Yellow Bicycle paper pad, an awesome Martha Stewart around the page punch (clearance- $10!), and some other fun stuff!!  I also got happy mail yesterday, YAY!  Got my new Creeper Riley from TGF, some MME paper, and finally ordered one of the TGF sitting stamps!  I have a lot of new stuff to play with this weekend!

My nephew, Alex, will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow!  We are going to see The Avengers! (can't wait!)  Here's the card I made for his birthday-

This is Dylan from The Greeting Farm's Roll Call Kit.

He is so cool in his little basketball uniform!  I know the paper in the background with the numbers on it is from MME, but I am drawing a blank on where I pulled the polka dot paper from...darn.  I used a lot of different Nesties shapes on this to make several layers.  I LOVE the Jillibean banner stickers that come with some sentiments (and some are empty), I think they are a fun way to get your sentiment on your page in a decorative way.  I added some teal/white baker's twine and tied it through a big silver button from MME.

I also have a teacher card that I forgot to post the other day. 

This is one of my all-time favs, Annika.

You know I love me some purple!!!  I used some super fun paper from the Basic Grey Lauderdale pad.  I used a small piece of black card stock, after I used a Nestie on it, and wrote on it with a white pen to make it look like a chalkboard.  The "oh so thankful" sentiment is from TGF.  I tied on some ribbon, added bling, and finally used a school themed brad that I bought a long time ago at Hobby Lobby.  I really like the "chalkboard" behind her, very school-like.

It's going to be a gorgeous day here in Colorado, I hope the rest of you have enjoyable weather too!  I have to crawl out of my "woman cave" once in a while to soak up some sun!

TFL!

Comments

  1. Rachel, both of these cards are beautiful! I love your coloring and the papers are so pretty. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Ahh, I love coming home and playing with all my new stash ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations sweetie I really need Anika I must stop coming here you always make me want lol x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuuuute! i love that annika card! love annika! she was one of my first tgf's stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards. The boy card is great! I hope my happy mail comes today. Enjoy the movie tomorrow. It was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel...

    Not wonderful weather here I'm afraid... The uk is a bit chilly at the mo!

    Love both of your cards, tho I think Anika tips it for me..

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely gorgeous sweetie loving the sweet images. Love the boy card the papers are lush & I love the colours on the 2nd one.

    Hope your nephew has a super birthday shug.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! your cards are so cute!!!
    I love the annika stamp too! =)
    I wish TGF would bring back the Signature stamp set =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute...love how you made the chalk board! I'm heading over to get the roll call set...the images are just too cute to pass up...of course I say that about all TGF images!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cutie-cute! Perfect papers, too. :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok so it took me awhile to get past $10 MS Around the page punch LOL! Gorgeous gorgeous cards...love the colouring as always and all of the elements are so well thought out. Love the little blackboard in the second one :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWEE Rachel.. I am loving both of these cards!! You colored Dylan to perfection.. love the design of his card too.. the papers are sensational! Annika is darling as well, her hair is gorj and that paper.. mouth watering. Both are so lovely! Hope your weekend was fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, the Roll Call kit is great I love those images too...What a fun colouring and the spots original.
    The teacher card is another cutie...LOVE her hair!!
    Ciao Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  13. hehehe, super cute cards. The Dylan card is awesome, love all the fun papers and layers. He's colored adorably and the accents are perfect for a little boy. I bet he loved it.
    The Annika card is also awesome. I love the color scheme and her hair is awemazing! Love the blackboard and all the fun papers you chose. These are fantastic!
    Fun stuff you picked up and I hope Maddie got some goodies too. (lol) Glad you're having good weather in Colorado. We are also having very nice weather in California, been sunny and a nice 75 degrees. TFS!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!