Fun!

I had a chance on Friday to start my sister-in-law's birthday card.  I have been dying to color up cute little Wryn, who is hanging upside down from a tree branch.  I love the fun, care-free feeling you get from the image.  It reminds me of being little and playing on the playground for hours!!!!


Hop over to Tiddly Inks if you want to scoop her up!

This darn thing took me forever!!!  First I wanted to have some soft clouds in the background.  I didn't have the right color of distress ink, so I got out the chalk.  It took me a few minutes to cut out another image of her to use for masking. (it's a miracle I didn't cut the poor girl's head off!)  I finished my clouds with my chalk and a cloud template, and when I went to remove my masking, I found out the adhesive I used wasn't so "temporary" after all.  Now  I had to cut out a whole new image to color and place over the ripped original image.  Several hours later...I finally had everything colored, cut, pasted, etc.  I was really happy with her, and only embellished a little bit, I want her to be the main focus.  I used a simple red/white polka dot paper from a Jillibean paper pad. 

I also made a bookmark for my daughter's teacher the other day to go along with the card we had for her.  The picture is awful, but she was cute and I wanted to share her.



This is Annika from The Greeting Farm.  She is one of my all-time favs.  How perfect is it that she is carrying some books!  The paper I used on this was from the Simple Stories Fabulous paper pad. 

I have lots of birthdays to prep for this week!  I hope to have lots of fun posts for you.  Be sure to check back with me mid-week, I will have some super exciting stuff to share with you!!!!!!!!
 

Comments

  1. Ooo!! love the Wryn card you made for your SIL!! She's gonna love it especially if you tell her how much trouble it took to create.. lol.. j/k she'll love it as soon as she sees it! Love the bright colors and your clouds are awesome!
    Love the bookmark too, it's adorable and your Maddie''s teacher is going to love it!
    Hope you are having a great weekend, lookin' fwd to your big news.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Rachel! I love that little Wryn and you've colored her beautifully. Pretty papers and embellies too. The bookmark is also fabulous and beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rachel! aww, that sucks, i hate when you work so hard and then something gets messed up! your card still came out super cute! i love that image too! and i love the annika bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie, this is gorgeous love your colour scheme, and your book mark is fabulous too love the image huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card!!! Love that little Wryn :-). And how sweet is your bookmark?!? Lucky, lucky teacher!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel this Tiddly Ink image is such fun!! Great colouring too...and your bookmark so cute...I did not know Annika yet is she from an older collection??? If I have understood well..in May there should be a new stamp release at the farm.
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Both of them. I love the TI hanging out Wryn. One of my faves. :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute cute cute....your coloring is AMAZING....i love that book mark...just adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your hard work and hours paid off...Wryn is absolutely adorable! You did a great job on her and on the bookmark! Wonderful coloring Rachel!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Sounds like a mission Rachel! But the result is so worth it - she is one super cutie! Love your colouring - your hair is coming up really great! Cute bookmark too :) My dad has commissioned me to make him one lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo cute, Rachel! Your coloring is always fabulous! I'm soo missing making cards...just sooo busy right now aghh!!! Hugs, Jas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both projects are so adorable! Your coloring is fantastic too!!!

    Hugs,
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rachel

    Well all your hard work was sooooooo worth it.... your card is GORGEOUS!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both gorgeous Rachel! Fabulous colouring!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!