Birthday goodies

First I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to all of the kind supporters I had on my blog yesterday!!!  You were all too kind!  This first new release from The Greeting Farm made me a little nervous, but now I say "bring it on!"  I can't wait to see what the other team members have for us today!!!

Today I wanted to share some small gifts that I made for my sister-in-law's, and my niece's birthday.  Both items were made with The Greeting Farm's Glimmer and Shimmer Beans. 


 A sketch book for my niece.




Easel post-it pad for my SIL.

In light of the current challenge over at TGF,(no coloring), I decided to use pink and blue distress inks on these girls, and color them in a little less-traditional fashion. (not using these for the challenge, just inspired by it.)  I used just two copics on each of the girls' hair, and lots of glitter pens/markers, and glitter glue.  The pink paper I used on the sketch book was a really old sheet that I had, I think it came from Hobby Lobby.  I used a few flowers, some washi tape, and ribbon on the side.  The easel pad was constructed from a piece of My Minds Eye-Lime Twist series.  I cut out a few nesties shapes, tied some baker's twine and button, and a few pieces of bling.  When my SIL opened her post-it pad, she warned the kids that it was HERS, and they were not going to use it!! LOL!  I am always using post-it notes, but have yet to make a easel pad for myself!!!

TFL!!

p.s.
Try not too drool too hard over the TGF new releases!!! ;p

Comments

  1. Super cute projects!! But naughty, naughty Rachel you cheated on the no coloring challenge. lol.
    xxJess
    Ps. and yes Im drooling over the new releases :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I love the easel pad. I, too, use post-its constantly... I should make one of these! :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab projects you made! Both are very cute! TFS! Hugs, Jas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie

    Both are fab gifts.... love the images you've used on them, and the details too! Not sure I could have got my head around the no-clouring theme tho - you did good! hehe

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post-it easel idea...I've never made one but am going to give it a try now!
    :Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Rachel! I love the post it holder...need one of these at work! The monochromatic schemes work really well. Yay I am still so excited for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome notebook and post it pad holder! i'm sure they will love them! i know, i love the new tgf releases! good thing i've still got some credit at 7 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie these are just stunning love the colour choices too gorgeous work huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous projects Rachel! Love the blue and pink hair! I bet your family is going to be so excited to get their gifts. Beautiful!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!