Birthday celebration!

Today I have a Some Odd Girl birthday card for my stamping buddy Kim!  She's the one who got me into this stamping trouble in the first place!

  This is Gifty Gwen.
The sentiment is from The Greeting Farm's Luck Bunnies set.

I also made this card for the Some Odd Girl challenge, which is using these colors:



Here's a birthday surprise for her-


I purchased a gift card from Kristy at SOG, and then printed it out and made it ab-fab!  I love that image!
I used a Martha Stewart punch that goes all the way around.

I used Echo Park's Happy Days for the patterned paper.  I have to let you in on a secret, I totally was not happy with how her dress had turned out, it was green and just didn't look right.  I had already colored everything else and did not want to waste her, so I had a huge epiphany after looking at my blogging buddy Annie Rose's daily post.  She had done a stellar job of paper piecing the clothes of the image she had colored, so then I realized Gwen could be saved!  I always forget about paper piecing.  She looks a million times better than the way I had colored her dress!  Thanks for the inspiration Annie!  I worked hard on trying my hand at shadowing her features on her face.  I used the darker skin colors and a few other surprising colors mentioned here in a fabulous tutorial on SOG's blog! (thanks Melissa!)  Also used some twine, MME brad, Recollections bling, and some butterflies I made from my Cuttlebug. 

Here's my copic list:

Skin- E50, E000, E00, E11 and some BV's mentioned in the tutorial.  R01 for cheeks, R32 for her lip.
Hair- E49, E55, E57.
Dress/Accessories- R32, R35 & B02, B04, B05.

Thanks for looking!! xx





Comments

  1. your card is so awesome...I love your amazing coloring and those added butterflies...Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rachel!! What a gorgeous creation!! I absolutely adore this card, and so happy you were able to save the coloring by paper piecing.. it's not something I think of too often either. Melissa will be tickled you learned some new things from shadowing with her post... her skin looks beautiful! So thrilled you joined us at Some Odd Girl!
    Happy hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rachel, love this bright and happy card! makes me want to dig out my SOG stamps too. and awesome coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my!! This is beautiful Rachel! I love your coloring and the paper piecing on her dress is beautiful. She looks pretty and I'm sure Kim is going to be all kinds a happy. And love how you dolled up the gift certificate. Wonderful job!
    Happy Monday!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Rachel!! Amazing colouring! And I love your paper piecing - what a fabby idea to 'rescue' a coloured image (although I'm sure the green looked fab)! A stunning card that i'm sure Kim will adore! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie this is just fabulous, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What a sweet girl you are, Rachel! Fab card and of course, fab gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is gorgeous! Love the colouring on her and her dress is so sweet :) I am sure your colouring job was fine though :P But great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE my card!! She is so beautiful. Fantastic coloring job as usual Rachel. I can't wait to use my gift card. Thanks for being my stamping partner in crime :) xoxo Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rach, this is so great! Your coloring is fab and I LOVE her pieced dress! That paper is so pretty. Happy Birthday, Kim! :)

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel I saw this early this morning but did not get a chance to comment.. WOW your card is Stunning!!!!!.... I LOVE the rich BOLD colors and layout!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Rachel! And the paper pieced dress looks really cool! I love your shading on her face and hair!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all thank you Kim that you have showed Rachel "Stamping" and congrats with your birthday!!
    Rachel, this is sooo cute...Love this Odd girl the colouring and paperpiercing is perfect...Lay out and sentiment great and what a "excellent" gift...
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel..

    Gorgeous card... You've got that shading just right as your colouring is perfect.. And I also love that floral paper too!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so pretty and your coloring and shading look fabulous! A SOG gift certificate? Your friend is sooo lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty card. I like how you colourd hear hair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous coloring! Love the paper pieced dress!!

    Hugs,
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the decorative paper and how you paper pieced it for the dress - so cute! Such a fun way to use the twine too. :D Thanks for playing in our April challenge at Some Odd Girl! *Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!