Big, bright, and pink!

Today I finished a Some Odd Girl card for my niece Joey.  She will be 7 years old this weekend, and her favorite color is..... yep, PINK! 


This is Flower Kaylee!

There is a lot going on, on the top part of this easel card, so I kept it simple on the bottom and used a glittery number 7!  I used Echo Park's Summer Days, it had the perfect shade of pink that I was looking for.  The white lacy looking border in the background was made with a Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page punch.  I used flowers, twine, buttons, ribbon, and some old bottle caps from my stash.  This is pretty big, I think I left it at 6" x 6" for the top page.  I hope she likes it, Maddie said it was "fantastic"!  (knew I wanted her opinion!) ;)

Today I also finished up a card for two different challenges.  The Greeting Farm has a "No Coloring" challenge this week, and Anyone For Anya has a "Music in April" theme.  Here's what I came up with!

This is Tank from The Greeting Farm.

Since I couldn't color, I decided to stamp him on something unusual, canvas.  I used paper from Bella Blvd and a Glitz paper pad.  The guitars in the background fit with the "music" theme.  Lots of sewing!!!  Twine, button, and a few metal brads.  I like him, it's different!

Off to start dinner, and finish my long list of projects!

TFL!

Comments

  1. wow, that's a lot of pink! so perfect for a little girl! love your no coloring card too! still thinking if i should do that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncoloured Tank is perfect for the challenge, Rachel! You rocked it! ;)

    I know it's hard to NOT colour... but geesh, you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute...I love this card that you used SOG....you should post it on SOG FB page...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very cute cards!! I agree with Maddie, your niece is going to love the card you created for her. The pretty colors and the cute SOG image, rocks. Love the bottle cap addition! And my o my, Tank is so cute! The canvas idea is brilliant! This is the perfect medium for non-coloring!
    Hope you get your list done!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! So cute! Love all the fun colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel, what a lovely girly "Odd girl" card I am sure your niece will LOVE it!!
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tank is looking "cool" on canvas, I am sure he is into "hardrock"...great guitar papers on the background...
    Thanks for playing at ANYONE FOR ANYA Rachel,
    Blankina AFA DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Rachel! I love the bright pink one! So girly! The stamping on canvas for the second card is a great idea too! So effective!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a nice card, like the gitars on the background.
    And nice stampwork on canvas.
    Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya.

    Love Merit en Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  10. One can never have too much pink! Such a fab easel card...I hope your niece thinks it "fantastic" too!

    Love the non-colored Tank on canvas...VERY cool! Gotta love all things TGF!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Adorable cards! Thank you for joining in at Anyone For Anya this week. Good Luck!
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love Tank on canvas and great gitars on the background, matches this weeks theme perfect! Thanks for joining and I hope you enjoyed it enough to join us again for our next challenge.
    grtz. Colien (DT member AFA)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!