On the mend

Man, it's been a while since I've been able to sit down and do some "work"!  Since my daughter, Maddie, is an over-achiever, she decided to get the stomach flu on top of her strep throat!  Good Lord, it was a long weekend!  Now I'm just praying that the rest of us don't end up with it! (poor kid)

Yesterday was a good day to send everyone off to school and start working on some of the challenges that I have been eye-balling. 

First, I have a Saturated Canary card that I am entering into their "Doilies" challenge.

This image is called "Wash Day".

I used a new paper pad I bought last weekend, it's Dear Lizzy- Neapolitan.  I also crocheted a flower out of some pretty variegated embroidery floss I found a couple months ago.  Since the challenge is about doilies, I used a heart shaped one that I found around Valentine's day from Hobby Lobby.  I mounted my image to card stock that I had cut with a Nestabilities die.  And yes, I bought those fun little clothes pins just for this image! (couldn't resist!)

The other card I finished is for Tiddly Inks "fabric fun" challenge.  I finally got around to printing up my Wryn- Howdy Cowgirl!


I can't hardly stand how cute she is!

This card needed to have some fabric on it somewhere, so I found an old pair of Maddie's jeans that had a hole in them, and cut out a patch to make the star with.  I had never ran fabric through my Cuttlebug before, and since the denim is pretty thick, I ended up cutting the star in several places to get my shape out.  I didn't go too crazy with embellishments, because let's face it, she's the star of the show!  I had found this patterned paper at Hobby Lobby a long time ago, and I just knew I would eventually have a use for it!  A little ribbon, some twine, and a button...Voila!  

Comments

  1. These are GREAT! I love them. Your coloring is fab -- look at that hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning sweetie these are perfect in every way hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards sweetie loving both the image they are lush.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are sooo cute! love all the details, the doily, the crocheted flower and the denim! hope your maddie makes a complete recovery soon! i just sent my kids to school in this horrible, thundering rain! i felt so guilty but at least it finally stopped raining now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! These cards are just gorgeous! Your colouring is amazing. Good luck with the challenges - I think you deserve to win!
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, your dd is an over-achiever...hope she's feeling better and everyone stays healthy.

    Love, love,love both of your cards...you've got a good eye for details and your coloring is "shut the front door" worthy!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Rachel - I am so loving these cards! Your Tiddly Inks Wyrn card is to die for! I love the big denim star in the background and your coloring is gorgeous as always! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hun, poor maddie, I hope she feels better soon xxx
    and wow!! I get to comment on 2 of my Dt's!! lol!!
    Your SC doily card is gorgeous! She is coloured up sooo pretty and I love the little flower too,its gorgeous!! and your Tiddly Inks cowgirl looks awesome with her denim star!! love it!!
    Huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful coloring and your denim star looks amazing! Great cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very adorable card! I love your jeans star and your colouring is really lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards, I just love your colouring and gorgeous designs. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, these are both great and your Tiddly Inks card is super cute! Love your star and you colored Wryn so beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness! Two fabulous cards! What a treat for my eyes :) Thanks so much for joining the Tiddly Inks fabric challenge ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Rachel!! These are beautiful!! Your coloring brings them both to life and they tell a wonderful story. Love the Wrynn card, that star is fabulous and the rest of the card is soo country! The wash day card is gorgeous too. Showing off your coloring skills! Holla!
    Two gorgeous cards! Love em'!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!