Challenge Cards

Today I worked on finishing up two different cards that I started yesterday with my friend Kim. (we had a play date!) 

First of all, in case you haven't heard, Tiddly Inks is gearing up for a big birthday celebration!!!  You should really check it out!


So, without further ado, here is my birthday card for Christy!  This is their Challenge for this week, see it here!

 This is Wryn and her little buddy Emmy!  I want to pinch their little cheeks!


I decided to use very light colors on these girls, that is something I don't normally do.  The paper is from American Crafts Dear Lizzy pad.  The banner was from Recollections, I've had it foreeeevveeer!  Lots of sewing and kraft paper.

Here's my card.


This is Flirty Edward from TGF's Roll Call Kit. (didn't really play-up the Edward thing.)


This was an interesting sketch!  I'm not even going to tell you how much patterned paper I wasted trying to make my triangles. (didn't make the darn card perfectly square!)  The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Life of the Party pad.  I used corrugated paper to make it more masculine, and used twine for my embellishments.  The stamps for the sentiment are from TGF's Lucky Bunnies set.

Thanks for looking!


Comments

  1. Oh so sweet! I LOVE the light colors! Looks great. I need to get me some lighter shades of Copics. All my coloring is bright. I really love the softness. Great job! :)

    -Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your card for Christy on the TI challenge blog post so had to jump over here and look at it in detail. Another wonderful card Rachel! The layout and colors are lovely and those two are very sweet! Gorgeous!
    And I just love what you did with Edward and all that lovely paper. He looks like James Dean! Terrific job with the sketch!! Another fabulous make for TGF! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rachel! both of these are just wonderful cards! wryn and emmy are so adorable and i love the papers! you did a great job with the tgf sketch! yeah, i may not do that one--the triangles look a bit tricky! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are great, love your coloring on them. Wryn is such a cutie, you used great DP and the banner is the perfect embellie.

    What a great take on the sketch...Edward is sooooooo handsome!

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning sweetie, WOW this is really stunningly gorgeous, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Rachel! I love the light colours on your Birthday card and that corrugated card on the Edward card is awesome!

    Arabella

    PS Thanks for joining us over at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two stunning cards! love the colours on your tiddly card and the bunting looks gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel these are stunning, as are all your cards well done.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgosh Rachel!!! I love them both but oh my the tiddly inks one just has to be my fav ;)
    it is just devine hun and i love every bit of it, bunting is my fav thing at the moment, its looks so cute!
    Thank you so much for popping in and sharing it with the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Rachel these are GORGEOUS!!! I love both of them...the soft pastels in the Tiddly card are super gorgeous and it's so perfect for our Birthday Bash challenge at Tiddly Inks!! Wow and the papers and BOLD colors on the Greeting Farm card are scrumptious!! Fabulous job girly! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rachel...i love the details on your cards and your coloring is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel these a gorgeous cards - love the dp on both and your colouring is perfect. WOW !

    ReplyDelete
  13. This image would be perfect for my sisters thirtieth bday card i need to make. Thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!