More challenges..

What a day!  Maddie and I haven't been feeling well for nearly two weeks now, come to find out we have strep throat!  I can't even tell you the last time I had that!  I felt so bad for Maddie because she's just been a mess for the last two weeks.  (talk about feeling like a bad mom!)  Her throat wasn't showing the typical strep throat signs, and the doctor said it can take a few different forms.  I'm sure my husband has it as well.  Hunter may be the only lucky duck who escapes this round!  We started our meds this morning, so we should be cootie-free by tomorrow. ;)

Now that I got that mess all squared away, I was able to work on a few things.  First I have a card that I made is for The Greeting Farm's Splitcoast Stampers challenge

This week's challenge was a sketch:

 

This same card is also for the challenge over at Anyone For Anya-Winter Blues.  Here's the inspiration photo:


Here's my card.

This is Sasha from the Creepin Kit at TGF.

The patterned paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle.  I colored her with Copics, and created a frame for her by using two different Nestability shapes.  There are some "aluminum" looking snowflakes on there if you look real hard, they add a nice "wintery" touch!

The second card I have is for the TGF Monday Fun Day challenge-Anything Goes!  (the title says it all!)  I have noticed a lot of Me Time Anyas on the SCS gallery, and it reminded me of a card I had started several weeks ago, but never finished.  Perfect time to get her out and put on the finishing touches! 

This is such a cute set that I was fortunate enough to
catch at a Farmer's Market! (it's a TGF thing.) ;)

The patterned paper on this card was from Echo Park's Little Girl set.  I used a lot of edge punches, nestabilities, and cuttlebug shapes to bring this together.  I decided to round out the corners of the card.  She's so fun!!

I got happy mail yesterday!!!!  Whoo Hoo!


I can't wait to ink these up!  Everyone has been making awesome cards with these, it's finally my turn!!!  These are some wonderful clear stamp sets that you can find over at The Greeting Farm.

Off I go to sterilize my whole house!  Pass out meds!  And then basically pass-out! 




Comments

  1. AHH Rachel these are gorgeous!!! I especially love the winter one...perfect for the challenge over at Anyone for Anya :) And I love that stamp - I havenever seen her before and I want! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry got distracted by your awesome cards...hope you are feeling better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, horrible strep throat! hope everyone feels better soon! such pretty cards! lucky you with your happy mail. i'm eagerly waiting for the next farmer's market--marked it on my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute cards! Guess what? I've got strep, too. I get it monthly. It's NOT FUN. Gah. Hope your household feels better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning sweetie these are both stunningly gorgeous I love them ♥ Pop's ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card with a lovely stamp.
    Thanks for joinong us at Anyone for Anya...

    Hope you and youre family feel better soon.

    annemarie en merit

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so SWEET, FABULOUS details!!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are stunning! Fabulous stamping and colouring on both of them. I adore your first card - that girl got attitude! Hope you and your family feel better soon and am green with envy of your new TGF stamps hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rachel. So sorry to hear that Maddie and you have had strep. That is no fun and no wonder the two of you have been feeling so yucky for the last two weeks. I love, love both your cards here. The blues on the sketch card as all just fantastic and I love the little snowflakes on it. I have to agree with you about the little Anya set. It is always so fun to color it and it makes for some really cute little gift tags. Hope that you and the whole family are feeling a lot better soon. Take care. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rachel, what a fabulous cards!!! So gorgeous! Feel better soon :) Hugs, Jas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetie these are gorgeous cards I so love your colouring on both of them.
    Hope you all feel better real soon sweetie.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel, where to start...first of all wishing you and family to get better asap.
    Your cards are great, I think the one for AFA will head for the top 3 or even better...
    Yesterday I have ordered some new stamps too ( the "bean" girls )so cute.Hope the post will be working well .
    Have fun using your new stamps!!
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are adorable cards Rachel, but Sasha in blue has me drooling...she's gorgeous!

    YAY for happy mail, enjoy your new goodies...maybe they'll make you forget your not feeling well.

    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rachel, what did I say you??THis card is heading for a top 3!!! Congratulations on your win the top 3 at AFA...told you!
    Ciao Blankina
    The event yesterday was fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are so fabulous, Rachel! I just live the blue in your Creeper's eyes, so stunning!

    Yay new stamps!!!! I hope your daughter feels better soon and that you can get into the stamping room!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, hope Maddie is feeling better now.
    Two more gorgeous cards!! Love the Creeper Sasha card, those blues are stunning! And the Spa Anya card makes me think of being pampered. Two wonderful makes!
    Woo hoo, happy mail! I can't even enjoy mine yet. lol..
    TFS!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!