Happy Valentine's Day!

It's that time again, time to show your love!  I love celebrating Valentine's Day with my kids, it's so light-hearted and fun!  My husband did good and gave me a Michaels gift card today. (it's burning a hole in my pocket as we speak!)  Here's a look at the cards I made for my girls-

 For Hunter's card I used cute little Ebony from The Greeting Farm.


 And for Maddie's card I used sweet little Cheeky Howdy from The Greeting Farm.


 Inside.
A gift for my husband.

I love this vintage Valentine paper.  I first saw it last February when my friend Kim gave me a little Valentine goody made with this paper.  I finally got a few sheets for myself from Hobby Lobby.  I tried to do something a little different with my girls' cards, so I carefully glued the images to the inside ring around the window I made in the card.  I first cut a plain circle with my Nestabilities, and then I made a "frame" with two other Nestabilities.  I wanted the vintage paper to be very apparent, but the image got lost in the paper when I tried to lay it right on top of it.  Putting the image on the front made it stand out more, but you still get all of the fun from the paper behind it.  And if you couldn't tell, I love this paper so much that I decided to wrap my husband's gift in it.  I also used a Copic color that I have been neglecting, RV29, Crimson.  I love this color, so bright and happy, great red shade.  Everything was very matchy-matchy, but very festive!

Hope everyone has a terrific Valentine's day!!!

Comments

  1. super cute cards, rachel! i do love how the images stand out on the front. cute papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel!!!
    Happy Valentine's Day!!!
    Yeow!! Those are some really awesome Valentine's Day cards!! Love the layout, the colors and woo hoo look at your coloring of those two gorgeous stamps!! Your family is going to love it! Have fun spending that Michael's gc. I'm sure you will spend wisely!!
    Happy Valentine's Day!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Rachel, my Valentine's Day was perfect.
    A flower from my husband, an award from you and I managed to make a new card and now listening to San Remo ( a Italian song contest ).
    Thanks Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! These cards are so awesome! I love love LOVE how you made the cut out frame. Aren't we the little genius? lol :)

    So great. I may just have to adopt that awesomeness into one of my cards.. linking back to you, of course.

    Have a fantastic day and quick -- get to Michael's!

    -Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what adorable Valentine's Day cards you created! I'm sure your family loved all of their gifts today :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel I hope that your whole family is having a very Happy Valentine's Day. I can't decide who got the best gift. I love love, both your girls' cards. So cute and I am so with you on that vintage paper. I haven't seen that before. I don't know what your got your hubby but I am sure that it is just as special as your cards. Now, as for your gift from your hubby... Well, when are you heading out to Michaels? lol Very smart and sweet man. :O) Have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!