Sad news..

Happy 2012!  Hope everyone had a great new year.

My year, unfortunately, started with the passing of my Grandma.  She was a wonderful woman who lived to tell the tale of having 13, yes, 13 kids!  I lost count of all the grand kids.  I will be flying to Montana this weekend for her funeral.  I will miss her dearly.

I now have a 7 year old, and a 14 year old!  Holy crap that makes me feel old!

A wonderfully talented friend of mine, who got me started in all this card making business, made some awesome cards for both of my daughters' birthdays!

Aww... cute little cowgirl with pigtails, just like my Maddie!

And some steamy Twilight lovin' for Hunter!

To see more fantastic work from my buddy Kim, go HERE!

Now, let's not forget her son, Jack, also has a birthday mixed in with all the Christmas madness!  December 28th!  This is what I threw together for him-


I can't get enough of him!  I will probably use him for the next ten male cards I need to make! ;)

My awesome little girl, Maddie, made me a fabulous card for my upcoming birthday.



Bless her heart!  She worked on it in secret all afternoon in her room.  I LOVE IT!

Before I leave for Montana, I wanted to make something special for my Aunt.  She took fantastic care of my Grandma, and I want her to know how much everyone appreciates it.

Copic colors, just for reference.

Sweet Anya from The Greeting Farm.

I used a little light blue chalk around the inside edge to match the base color of my patterned paper.  I totally lost the name of my patterned paper, and I made a resolution to start keeping the info of what I am using!  I stitched across the top of the card, and decided to go around the heart in a "messy" fashion.  Threw on a button and some bling, and voila!  I felt this image conveyed the feeling I wanted to get across in this card. 

Have a great weekend, and do some crafting for me!












Comments

  1. Your making me blush. The card for your Aunt is lovely. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O that is very sad news. So very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
    All the cards are wonderful. I'm sure each person that receives them will enjoy them tremendously. Your daughter is adorable and so sweet.
    Have a safe trip.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are so cute! Love your Sweet Anya - the colouring is perfect. I love the card your daughter has done - what a great job! :) Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I have had a quick look around your blog and you have some lovely ideas and colouring - I am now following for some inspiration :) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, Maddie's card to you is so sweet! That's definitely a keeper for life. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!