Happy Monday!?

I was able to work on a few things this weekend, but I mostly sat and pouted because I wished I was at CHA!  There were quite a few lucky girls who did get to go, and I can't wait to see what they have to show us this week!

I made a simple card for someone who's having a bad day-

This is a Unity stamp that was given to me by my friend Kim.

It's pretty simple.  I just used kraft paper, brown/polka dot embossed card stock, and a piece of blue card stock.  Finally used the tiny white button brads I purchased a long time ago!  This stamp cracks me up!

I am often looking at a blog done by Emily Martina (love her style!), who's work I see on TGF, SCS, and a ton of other places.(her blog is listed on the right, beans scraps & sheep)  A few of her recent cards inspired this one-



  This is Dress up Ian from The Greeting Farm.  (retired)

It's very simple, but I love the hole in the front of the card.  I forgot to write down what copics I used. (sorry)  I used my Blossom Nestabilities die for the initial hole, and then I used the largest and next size down to create a frame.

And lastly, my entry for the new TGF challenge on SCS.  It will be a weekly challenge, every Saturday, and it will be posted on SCS

This week was a sketch:
tgfsc1-jpg





Here's my card-
This is Ian from Later Sk8er.

Copics used.

I think the paper was all Bella Blvd, but I'm not certain.  I cut off the little edge with the name. (ooops)

As you can see, I tried to get some boys in this weekend.  I'm bad about neglecting them.

Just the other day I decided to order the Spellbinders Presto Punch Machine.

Presto Punch Machine

I haven't received it in the mail yet, but should be here any day now.  I am curious if any of you have bought this, and if you have any tips for me.  The darn thing takes 8 AA batteries, or you can buy an ac adapter for almost $30.  I decided to wait and see how much I like it before I shell out the money for the adapter.  It only cuts smaller sized items, but the dies are pretty affordable, and it looks kind of fun!

Have a great week!



Comments

  1. I love all your cards Rachel, especially the one you made with the Unity Stamp...seems we all have days like that!
    You're a couple of steps ahead of me, I didn't even know Spellbinders made a Presto Punch...you'll have to write a review.
    I'm now a follower!
    :Dxx
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are great! The toilet paper stamp is hilarious... it would definitely cheer me up after a crappy day. I may have to get it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel. I love this card. It is perfect for the kind of 'week' I had last week. lol.... Too Cute! I am much like you and sitting here thinking how much fun would it be to have a few days to spend just seeing everyone and all that scrapbook/card making Copic coloring going on around in one building. Wouldn't that just be one of the best jobs in the world? Forget going to play, I would gladly work it just to have the chance to be there. lol.. Oh well, a girl can dream and maybe someday I will get the chance to see CHA in person. Until then I spend as much time as I can serching YouTube for all the videos that everyone is nice enough to share with us. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog lately. I have been trying to get back into blogging and checking out everyone else's. Not sure where my spunk has gone, but I hope it gets back home real soon. lol...Hope you are well. Hugs, Lisa G

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi rachel! love these cards esp the first one, so funny! i wish i could go to cha too! and thanks for your email, i appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first one is hilarious, but sure to make anyone who's feeling blue LOL! The rest of your cards are classic Rachel.. AMAZING!
    Hoping you get to CHA sometime soon. It's a pretty awesome experience.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog! Love hearing from all of you!